Wednesday 11 June 2014

Review No. 12: 49 Days (Korean Drama)


Description: Shin Ji Hyun is the typical blushing bride-to-be, she's brimming with happiness and loving her life. Until, she gets into an accident a few days before her wedding and is plunged into a coma. The Scheduler tells her that she can live again if she collects 3 drops of pure tears in 49 days. The catch is that she most live through someone else's body for the 49 days and no one can know who she really is. Naturally, secrets are revealed that she was previously unaware of. 

What I Think About It:

Plot - It tore my heart into pieces. The things that happened in this drama were heart-breaking. I loved and hated it at the same time. I had to take small breaks in between episodes to rein in my emotions which were going haywire. 

Characters/Acting - 

Shin Ji Hyun- Actress: Nam Gyu-Ri - She's just way too cute!!! Her acting was amazing, I loved watching every minute of this show because of her. I really need to watch more of her work.
        
   I loved the naive, innocent Ji Hyun. She's one of those special characters who are unforgettable.                             
Song Yi Kyung- Actress: Lee Yo-Won - Incredible acting skills! I think I'd run out of words if I tried to describe the level of talent she possesses.

Song Yi Kyung's personality was really 'I don't care about anything'-like. It was quite lovable.

Han Kang- Actor: Jo Hyun-Jae

 He's the man whose feeling have been unrequited all his life. He bares the pain stoically in order to keep the one he loves happy. I adored him throughout the entire series.

Kang Min Ho- Actor: Bae Soo-Bin

He is Ji Hyun's fiance. I didn't like him from the very beginning. He's a very detestable character.

Shin In Jung- Actress: Seo Ji-Hye

She is one of Ji Hyun's best friends. She, too, is very unlikeable. However, I still feel for her. Her misguided actions created a lot of messes in her life.

Scheduler- Actor: Jung Il-Woo

I think he was in my top three characters of this drama. I loved all of the scenes with him!

The Ending:
 It was exactly the ending this show needed (though I did not believe this at the time). It was perfectly wrapped in a shawl of melancholy. It ripped my heart to shreds then sewed it back together again. The emotional landslide to reach this point is worth every tear, maybe. Or maybe I just wasted 20 hours of my life. I can't decide, really.

My Conclusion:
 4.5/5 stars. It lost the 0.5 for causing me emotional distress. Other than that, I had no problems with this drama. I'm probably not going to watch it again because it's so sad but it was awesome while it lasted.


No comments:

Post a Comment